Back to: Home •
The Department of Public Instruction implemented a new state test for the 2015-16 school year. Replacing the Badger Exam and the WKCE, the Forward Exam will continue to be administered in 2016-17.
Learn more about the Wisconsin Forward test in the following document:
Learn more about appropriate changes to support all learners:
- This document (pdf) provides specific information regarding accommodations and supports for Students with Disabilities and English Language Learners.
- 2017 Forward Exam Accessibility and Supports Manual
- A graphic (pdf) showing Universal access tools, Designated support tools, and Accommodations for the Forward Exam.
You have received the most recent test results, so now what? How can you use them to help support your child? Below are some ideas:
This is the letter sent to families with the results, in late August/early September 2016:
How to read the student reports that families receive.
- DPI's "What is an Individual Student Report (ISR)?" document (pdf)
- DPI's "¿Qué es un Informe Individual del Alumno (Individual Student Report, ISR)?" documento (pdf)
- DPI's "Daim Ntawv Qhia Txog Tus Tub Ntxhais Kawm Ntawv Txoj Kev Kawm (Individual Student Report) (ISR) yog dab tsi?" (pdf)
- Individual Student Report text en Español (pdf)
- See this document for both proficiency band table and definitions of each proficiency band. (pdf)
- Data Recognition Corporation (DRC) -- the test vendor -- has made available a basic, online demo of their assessment platform. Click on "Online Tool Training". This works best when using Chrome or Firefox browsers. It will not work in Explorer. This is designed to demonstrate features of the test, not specific question types for Wisconsin.
- Specific information regarding the Wisconsin Forward Exam test administration (requires MMSD Staff password)