Back to: OAA Home •
The Department of Public Instruction requires the Forward Exam for grades 3-8 and 10 (Social Studies only).
Learn more about the Wisconsin Forward test and how MMSD schools are doing at the following DPI website:
Learn more about the Wisconsin Forward test in the following document:
Learn more about appropriate changes to support all learners:
- This Supports and Accommodations document (pdf) provides specific information regarding accommodations and supports for Students with Disabilities and English Language Learners.
- 2019 Forward Exam Accessibility and Supports Guide (pdf)
- A graphic (pdf) showing Universal access tools, Designated support tools, and Accommodations for the Forward Exam.
The following letter will be sent with student results to families:
- English Family Letter (pdf)
- Carta a las familias
- lus hmoob Family Letter (pdf)
How to read the student reports that families receive.
- DPI's "What is an Individual Student Report (ISR)?" document (pdf)
- DPI's "¿Qué es un Informe Individual del Alumno (Individual Student Report, ISR)?" documento (pdf)
- DPI's "Daim Ntawv Qhia Txog Tus Tub Ntxhais Kawm Ntawv Txoj Kev Kawm (Individual Student Report) (ISR) yog dab tsi?" (pdf)
- Individual Student Report text en Español (pdf)
- See this document for both proficiency band table and definitions of each proficiency band. (pdf)
- Data Recognition Corporation (DRC) -- the test vendor -- has made available a basic, an online demo of their assessment platform. Click this "All Online Item Sample" link to use the site. This works best when using Chrome or Firefox browsers. It will not work in Explorer. This is designed to demonstrate features of the test, not specific question types for Wisconsin.
- Specific information regarding the Wisconsin Forward Exam test administration (requires MMSD Staff password)